Will post more later.
6 eggs.
5 mature.
3 fertilized.
We're debating doing PGD, freezing and keeping any normal embryos (that's IF there are any), and doing another cycle, PGD, freezing any normal embyros, and then doing a frozen embryo transfer IF we have any normal ones out of the two batches. RMA-NJ has this 2 for one PGD deal ($7K), which is why we are considering doing this.
F*CK.
That's 6 more f'ing months of IVF treatment I just described.
This sounds like a really good plan. I just did PGD and was shocked by how many abnormal embryos we ended up having. It will really be worth it if we can come up with a BFP and an actual babee!
ReplyDeleteUg. Good word. But if it gets you a baby....
ReplyDeletegoodness girl you are due a BFP, if only I could wave a wand and work some magic for you. Instead, I'll just send my best wishes and WILL some baby dust your way....
Hoping there's a magic one in the three, no matter what you decide.
ReplyDeleteOh shit. I'm sorry. I know that sinking feeling you have in your heart. I wish I could come help talk this out with you and help you make your decision. My gut (and please forgive me if this is off base) is to screw PGD and just transfer all of the embryos now. But I can understand how PGD will give you more information and help you made longer-term decisions. Whatever you decide, I'm with ya, girl. Hugs
ReplyDeleteUgh, I'm sorry for the disappointment. However, although I'm not one to blow sunshine, I've certainly seen people test only 2 or 3 embryos to find out they're all normal, so you really never know. I feel you on MORE IVF treatment though, if you decide to go that route, that part really sucks. I'd be so tempted to just transfer what you have and see what happens....
ReplyDeleteHUGS
ug ... agreed. then again, more doesn't necessarily equal better ... all you need, in the end, is one that works. still, the whole decision making process, and possibility of more IVF, just plain sucks.
ReplyDeletehope to add a little sunshine to your day - i gave you an award on my blog. enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. Hoping and praying all three come back from PGD without abnormalities and you can proceed with this cycle. Stay strong my friend. xo
ReplyDeleteI think the PGD is a good idea, if you are up for it, just to make sure and to know... rather than keep blindly throwing darts. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteOh crap. But still 3 fertilised is not a bad thing. Is there a reason you have decided on PGD testing or just to try something different in your protocol. Don't despair 3 is still 3!
ReplyDeleteUgh. 6 more months? I couldn't do it.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping PGD says that you can continue with THIS cycle instead of having to think about doing another. MEH.
UGH. That is so tough. I just wish you KNEW there was a reason PGD was necessary, so you could somehow justify all of this. PGD gives you good information, but that seems to be coming at a pretty hefty cost(in more than one sense of the word) in your particular situation. Let me know if you want to talk things through. I'm here for you!
ReplyDelete