Ah, fear and sadness, my old companions. You have rejoined me again for my journey. How foolish I was to think that I could escape a "two week wait" (nine days this time) without you.
I started to feel a little crampy last night, which I have felt with my prior cycles this year. My optimism and hope were such quixotic feelings. I wish I could feel steady and confident, but we all know that you can have great blastocysts that never turn into a viable pregnancy.
I want the next two days to be over. I feel like the time is t.i.c.k.i.n.g a.w.a.y at a sluggish pace.
Also, Friday will be nine days after transfer, fourteen days after retrieval…is that too soon for a HPT to show up? I usually don't test before eleven days post transfer.
Hey girlie.. I'm not POAS until either tonight or tomorrow am before my beta. And I don't think that i'll share that info in my blog yet... I actually do have a few symptoms which are giving me hope: dizziness, thirsty, craving oranges (which I hate), bloody nose. And I've had a few twinges here and there and some mild cramping. But I know as well as you do that they don't mean jack sh*t. right? Ugh. Its going to be a long day today and tomorrow. I get my blood draw in the am, then they leave me a voicemail but I typically don't listen to it until I get home so dh and I can listen together. Glad you are having a few cramps. Hoping we are both pg together too. It would be amazing. You're in my thoughts. Beta is friday! WOW that went fast.
ReplyDeleteFrom my spreadsheet, which takes into account the trigger shot working its way out of your system, the first day you can get a reliable HPT (i.e. no false positive, could of course be too early for your particular situation) is 12 days after retrieval. So if you POAS, and DO get a positive, you can trust that it's the blasts working and not the trigger.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course. Symptoms or lack of symptoms really don't mean much.
My fingers are tightly crossed. May the next two days fly by for you.
xoxo
14 days after retrieval will give you an accurate hpt. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI see many women testing 5 days after a 5 day transfer but it still can be a wee bit early....I would think 12 days post retrieval has a pretty good chance of being accurate. So hoping for you!!!!
ReplyDeletei had lots of cramping before i tested. i waited until 11dp5dt to test only because i'm a chicken. i would say you'd get an accurate result at 12dpr, though. i have everything crossed for you!
ReplyDeletefingers are crossed for you, Two week waits are agonising.
ReplyDeletetake care
So sorry the fear has managed to creep back in. My RE always made me wait until 11dpt too. 9 seems early, but then again I would trust your lab given the great info you've gotten so far. I am pulling for you like crazy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, at least you had a few days before the bubble burst; often I never had one positive day in a 2WW. 9 seems early, but then again my clinic usually made me wait 16 days, and that's just cruel!
ReplyDeleteC'mon BFP!!!! It's such a long wait. I can never wait to POAS. Keeping you close in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete