Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet Lucky Lexie and Marvelous Max!

I wish I could figure out how to convert a PDF to a Jpeg so I could show you this beautiful picture of my hatching blasts. Alas. Anyone know how to do that??

Yesterday was a MARATHON race up to NJ.

I was supposed to receive a call between 9-11 am yesterday to let us know whether the embryos were good enough to biopsy (2 5BB embryos!). We were scheduled for PGD on Wednesday (if the embyros were OK) and a 6-day transfer early Thursday morning (if there were any normal embyros). It never occurred to us that we might do a Day 5 transfer!! The plan was that I would get the call by 11-12am at the latest, my parents would drive from their house two hours away to pick me up, and we would all go up together. I wanted my parents to go because they were there when I transferred my little Nugget and I thought maybe they would be a "good luck charm" of sorts, since all the cycles where my husband was at the transfer hadn't worked.

At 10:30, I was sweating bullets, eating fistfuls of chocolate chips, and going insane waiting to get the call. I happened to look at my cell phone and realized it was TURNED OFF...with three messages from my clinic telling me to get up to NJ ASAP because we were going to do a Day-5 transfer. Of course, I live 4.5 hours AWAY plus the two hours for my parents to get here...so the earliest I could get there would be 4:30/5:00 pm...which was TOO late!

So, I left without them...and my parents were going to try and catch up by driving ridiculous unsafe speeds. They managed to get only one speeding ticket (real safe, right?) and arrived only 40 minutes after I did (you do the math!!). I made a record commute of 3 hrs 45 minutes.

Thankfully, the whole operating room staff stayed late so that I could get my 5-day transfer. How amazing? They were great, too. Gave us all hugs when we got there.

Here's hoping these embryos make it!! I have a GOOD feeling about this...but I've been fooled before.

Plus, we have one 4BB embryo to freeze today! What a difference a new lab and different protocol make...of course, we'll see if I actually get a positive pregnancy test.

17 comments:

  1. Oh honey, good good luck with this. The fact that you weren't killed getting up there is already a positive sign. :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, craziness! I'm so glad you got your babies. I'm sending positive sticky vibes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--what a difference a few days can make, huh? Glad to see you happy again...I was getting worried about you :) Snuggle in embies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so glad you made it!! That's fabulous that they all stayed and waited for you. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds great. Good luck! I do think a good lab makes a HUGE difference.

    You can always take a photo of the pic btw (i/e with a cell) to make it a jpeg?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy crap, that's AWESOME. WOO! ( Can I take credit for calling it? Or is that too egoistic?)

    Either way. Fingers crossed. YAY for hope!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes! What a roller coaster ride this has been! I am SO FRIGGIN EXCITED for you! You take good care of yourself and those precious little ones! Wishing you so much luck!!!!! You deserve this so much, girl!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on being PUPO! i'm so happy for you. and your transfer sounds kind of like my crazy transfer day of my last cycle, although way better :-) welcome to the 2ww. i hope yours goes quickly and blissfully

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOUNDS FANTASTIC!! What a crazy transfer, but isn't that a more fun story to tell someone about their conception than a boring 'everything went well, no drama'? ;-)

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! Thinking good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sound super happy which is great!! i have sent some super special baby dust straight from sunny oz for you (to help melt some of that snow!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is crazy and wonderful!!! Wishing you the best for the tww.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I found your blog from a local TTC forum. Our stories seem to be similar in some areas – multiple IVF failures, chronic endometritis and I think we go to the same doctors! I don’t know anyone locally who’s had an experience even close to mine so I had to say hello! Best wishes that this IVF cycle is a success! I also have a blog that we use to keep our family and friends updated, so you can check it out if you’d like. Growingthemeyerfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you have already gotten at least one (if not more) awards lately, but I gave you another one! Hope you are feeling well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you have some good news and some real hope! Go little guys, go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! With all the stress of getting there, I would have eaten the entire bag of chocolate chips! so glad it worked out!

    Congrats momma! So excited for you! Keeping everything crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg! im so sorry ive been lax in commenting. this cycle has found me a bit self-centered and im sure you understand. i cant tell you how happy i am to hear that you made it to transfer! if you want to send me the PDF, i can try to convert it for you.
    which RMANJ do you go to? maybe we can meet up if you're up here again? or are you doing out of town monitoring from here on out?
    xoxo
    lis

    ReplyDelete