Monday, February 7, 2011

Stop It

I keep telling myself to stop being excited and entertaining the possibility of a positive pregnancy test...but I can't help myself. I feel so positive this two week wait. It's unlike any of the others...I would usually go through a period where I felt neutral, then horribly negative and crying all the time, then delusionally optimistic, and then I would get my period or the negative pregnancy test. This time, I feel different. I feel like it is going to work.

I don't have any of the "symptoms" I usually have during the two week wait...the sore boobs, the extreme fatigue. I have a tugging feeling in my lower abs, like I pulled a muscle or something. Of course, I could have actually pulled my muscle. Not sure how though, considering I haven't done ANYTHING active since last Tuesday. The only symptom I do have is a higher basal body temperature in the morning. During my prior two week waits, I would typically have a basal body temperature of 97.2 to 97.6. This cycle, my basal body temperature has been 97.8 to 98.1, which is really high for me. Maybe I'm wearing warmer clothing to bed because it is so cold in our house, or maybe my husband the bear is emitting more heat. Who knows.

I have been waking up at 3-4am EVERY morning and unable to go back to sleep because I am SO excited at the prospect of ending this awful journey. To be able to travel again, feel more like hanging out with our friends, do some project around the house.

I must stop it, though.

Beta is 2/11/11. Another reason this clinic rocks. They only make me wait 9 days to do the beta, rather than 14 days like the other clinic!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you feel good about things. A positive mental attitude can only help things and I think you feel optimstic for good reason! I feel like I am doing the same thing for you...I just feel so good about this, like all the stars have finally aligned for you this time, but I don't want to get my hopes up just in case! So if I am feeling this way, I can only imagine what you are feeling! Anyway, you have the best chance EVER and I am just praying like crazy for you!! PS - Thanks for your sweet comment on my ranting post this weekend. Although I'm sorry you had to experience a very similar thing, it made me feel better than my reaction wasn't completely unjustified (because trust me - I feel like such a beeotch for feeling what I do)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Stay strong RunningMama, stay strong! Nothing wrong with some good vibes and positive thinking...lots more fun than the alternative. You are 110% IN THIS! C'mooooon embabes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad you feel so positive. regardless of the outcome, its good to feel positive. if you get a bfn, its going to hurt either way, so why not go around for these next few days wiht a good smile on your face, because you are pregnant until proven otherwies, right? and yeah for a higher bbt. i can't even hang my hat on that this cycle. i'm hoping that this is a good sign. oh, and i've tested the wearing warmer clothes to bed theory... it doesn't matter :-) your beta is the day after mine! eep! hoping for the best outcome for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Kathleen said - someone once told me it can't hurt to hope. Because if it's negative, it's going to hurt regardless, so why NOT allow yourself the happiness and joy of hoping?

    Besides. You've had a FANTASTIC result - two hatching blasts with a really good clinic. Seriously, you SHOULD have hope. Because there's a LOT of good juju around this cycle right now.

    So hey. Not sure it's worth talking yourself OUT of hoping. But if you need to feel more balanced, then go ahead and tell yourself to be realistic.

    But don't tell yourself to stop hoping.

    My fingers are tightly crossed for you. And yeah, I have a really good feeling about the outcome of this cycle. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say a two week wait is MUCH more fun with a hopeful heart--it's going to hurt if it's a BFN but it would have hurt anyway, so enjoy feeling hopeful and happy and light!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope can only help ... I really do believe that. fingers xx'd, hoping with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you a million good thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so glad you're feeling good about everything! i am too! sending you lots of positive, sticky, BFPy vibes! only a few more days! i have everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you positive sticky vibes!!!!

    ReplyDelete