Hellow ICWL folks! For a quick update on our status, check out the sidebar. I have a 2.5 year old son conceived through IVF supposedly due to male factor infertility (low morphology). We got serious about trying for #2 when my son was 1 year old only to find out that I have diminished ovarian reserve. Since last January, we have done 3 clomid-coitus cycles, 1 FET with the remaining embryos from my son's cycle, 3 fresh IVF, and 1 natural cycle IUI, and are not in the midst of our 4th IVF trying for #2.
This cycle has been TOO much to handle emotionally. I can't seem to grasp that this is our last cycle with my eggs and have spent the majority of the past two weeks stockpiling excess drugs and trying to convince my husband that we should try one more round of IVF and include the one frozen embryo that we have at the NJ clinic (IVF#3) in this cycle, since an FET would cost us $5K and if we have the majority of drugs already, doing a full IVF cycle would likely only cost us $5-7K more (ha, when did $5-7K not seem like a lot of money???).
Plus, I had hoped that we'd have a perfectly beautiful cycle. It started out well enough...antral follicle count of 12, which then dropped down to 8 growing follicles. But then my e2 levels didn't rise fast enough, and 8 growing follicles dropped down to 6 growing follicles, then it took forever for my e2 levels to rise and we ended up stimming for 12 days (FOREVER) which doesn't bode well. The follicles were *really* ripe on trigger day: 1 22mm, 2 21mm, 2 19mm, 1 18mm, 1 16mm. We got 6 eggs at retrieval yesterday and hope to have 1-3 for a 3-day transfer.
My mantra this cycle: miracles do happen. Miracles do happen.
All the best to you!
6 eggs is great for dor!!! hoping they are ALL growing fabulously!!
ReplyDeleteand yes, a few thousand no longer seems like a lot...i mean, it does when you're saving it up/paying it off...but it doesn't when you are agreeing to spend it without blinking too hard. what a skewed reality ivf creates in us.
Now that is definitely an emotional roller coaster! I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this for #2. I would LOVE to have #2 but don't know if I could repeat what I did for #1. Bottom line, I don't have the finances to even consider it at this time. We always hope that #2 will be easier, we think surely our bodies have figure it out now... I hope and hope yours figures it out THIS cycle. Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteOh my, you have had quite the road to baby #2! We are also trying for #2 after success with our first IVF which gave us our son. He will be two in about three weeks! We did a FET with embryos left from his cycle in March and it didn't work. We are now rolling into our last chance FET with our last two embryos. I am currently on lupron and we plan to transfer in June. As of now, we don't plan on doing another fresh cycle just because at this point the money isn't there. But I can never say never with all this stuff. Time will tell. I will keep my fingers crossed for you with this cycle, hoping that it brings you your much wanted baby #2!!
ReplyDeleteICLW #24
We are trying for #2 too. But this is our first IVF and last due to finances. I hope this is your month!!
ReplyDelete--Leigh
http://hormonacoaster.blogspot.com/
Miracles DO happen!
ReplyDeleteAnd I just ran 7 miles and now I dedicate them post-run to YOU :)
Keeping everything crossed!
spamming your comments section to tell you that if you do the blog award thing, i gave you one over at my blog. if you too overwhelmed in the depths of your ivf cycle to claim it, i would totally understand, though it is a distraction as you wait for the days to pass as your embryos grow big and strong!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good mantra ... that's the one I had during my pregnancy, too. That, and "just breathe."
ReplyDelete6 eggs sound promising to me! Hoping for your miracle.
ReplyDeletei'm not sure i noticed your quote on the side of your blog before by robert frost. i really like it. and you're right.. it does go on. each day of this 2ww goes on and i hate every second of it. thinking of you today on your transfer and hoping that a miracle will happen for both of us. big big hug.
ReplyDeleteWow, you've had a rough ride, I'm sorry. Really hoping you have some beautiful embies for transfer. Sending loads of luck your way.
ReplyDeleteVisiting from ICLW. Wishing you lots of luck and patience as you wait..
ReplyDelete