Our day two report wasn't so great: all 4 embryos were still growing, but they were all 2 cell. I was sure that we weren't going to have anything but a crappy 4-cell to transfer on day three. I ended up going in to the office early because I've had really really awful pain since retrieval....the type of pain that hasn't allowed me to get up off the couch at all since retrieval and has me dependent upon vicodin. I've always used vicodin for the first day or two post retrieval, but I am four days out and still have a lot of pain. Anyway, I went in early to have an ultrasound to see if anything was going on with my cyst or anything else that could cause this type of pain and they couldn't find anything. At that point, one hour prior to transfer, they told me I had a good quality 6-cell and 8-cell. I was ecstatic! An 8 cell! Then, I went into transfer and they said I had 2 grade-1 (highest quality) 8-cells, a 6-cell, and a 4-cell. Amazing. So, we transferred the 2 8-cells and the waiting game begins. I'm really struggling with this pain...they said that the pain after retrieval gets progressively worse each time you do it and given that this is my 8th retrieval, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Fingers crossed, but I at least have some hope.
That is great news! So happy for you :) Hope the pain improves soon. Will you test before or just wait for your beta? When is your beta?
ReplyDeleteBest,
Michelle
That's amazing news!
ReplyDeleteI hope the pain is lessening. I've been lucky enough to only have had one retrieval, and I'm a bit scared of having another.
Awesome! Sometimes life just has a funny way of working out. Hoping for some more good news very soon...
ReplyDelete