Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things

I was a good girl and did not run yesterday. I was pooped and wanted to go to bed at 5:30! I probably won't run today either....we'll see how I feel tonight. I am still so tired.

So, "25 Random Things" has been going around Facebook...so I thought it might be fun to post here.

  1. I knew that I would marry my husband the night that I met him.
  2. I hate fingernails. I keep mine cut to the quick.
  3. I went to 9 schools, including 4 different high schools growing up.
  4. I went to Catholic school for 5 years. I still miss wearing a uniform.
  5. I compulsively wipe our kitchen counters several times a day just like my mother.
  6. Prior to meeting my husband, I had a thing for private school boys. My first love and my college love BOTH went to the same elite private school in Richmond.
  7. I seriously considered breaking up with my husband after I saw the picture of him with a mullet and gold chains.
  8. I love the end pieces of bread.
  9. I have no self control when it comes to sweets.
  10. I use Myers Briggs to "type" everyone I know.
  11. I am an INFJ. My husband is an ENTP. We are almost complete opposites, but according to Myers Briggs, the perfect romantic partnership.
  12. When I was little, I wanted to be a writer.
  13. I won a statewide poetry contest for 4 straight years (grades 5-8).
  14. My dream job (other than my current job) would be to teach high school history and civics OR to be a magazine editor.
  15. I have always wanted to live on the West Coast. Now that we have a kid, I don't know that we will ever move!
  16. I hated running in high school. I would skip track practice at least 3 times a week.
  17. I tried out for shot put as a 110 lb freshman because it didn't involve running and was the only other sport that didn't require prior experience (like field hockey or soccer).
  18. I am now addicted to running and feel off kilter if I don't get my daily dose.
  19. I got kicked out of my sorority.
  20. I went through a phase in college where I wore a beret all the time.
  21. Then, I figured out that I wasn't alternative, but wasn't quite traditional.
  22. My husband and I spent two years trying to move to Australia, but couldn't get visas.
  23. I like to take walks at night so I can look into people's houses and assess their decorating.
  24. Most of our furniture was purchased off Craig's List.
  25. I never understood the phrase "falling in love with my baby" until I had my son. I fall in love with him more and more each day.

4 comments:

  1. Fun list! The mullet and gold chains might've given me pause too - except that I once had a perm that got me dubbed Little Orphan Annie. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! Good job not running, I was wondering what it felt like, I think I had a dream about mastitis. Sad.

    I love the heel of the bread too! And I miss wearing uniforms(12 yrs of it) - to work would be great. I also hating running in high school and saw it as punishment and now it is a huge part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can come to my place and compulsively wipe our counters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I am an INFJ. My husband is an ENTP. We are almost complete opposites, but according to Myers Briggs, the perfect romantic partnership."

    Oh wow- we are the same and our husband's are the same!
    ENTP's are one of the rarer types too

    ReplyDelete