Well, having mastitis definitely cut in to my mileage this week. I am feeling better, but I still have some hard nodules in my affected breast. Also, I have noticed a decline in my milk supply in the affected breast and in general that I am a bit worried about. I am going to set up an appointment with the breast whisperer next week to see what she suggests.
My Weekly Running Stats
Monday, January 26, 2009: 9.4 miles, Body Pump class
Tuesday, January 27, 2009: MTV Yoga Video...this is when I started to feel sick
Wednesday, January 28, 2009: 3 mile walk with hubby to get lunch, 8 miles @ 8:12 (I was feeling better...and then got MUCH worse)
Thursday, January 29, 2009: Body Flow class
Friday, January 30, 2009: Body Pump class and 60 minutes elliptical
Saturday, January 31, 2009: 9.4 miles
Sunday, February 1, 2009: 7 miles
Total Mileage: 33.8 miles
At least this was supposed to be my recovery week. I was supposed to run 45 miles total with no long run.
You didn't take a single day off! REST!!!!! Seriously, running will be there forever, but your breast feeding relationship with Nate is fleeting and obviously very very important to you. Why are you in a rush to get back into shape (I ask as I often find myself feeling the same way...)? There is no reason for us to rush that, especially at the expense of our Nate's and ourselves. Please please please rest until you're supply is back up and your mastitis has cleared up. I'll be thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteThree days no running...with two days of just yoga don't count as rest?
ReplyDeleteI thought breastmilk supply was more about demand? I thought that my decreased supply was because my Nate hasn't been eating as much.
You should post your ipod mix!! I was wondering that- should I have pump up songs or relaxing ones? I guess relaxing ones! Um.. for having the mastitis this is a great week!!
ReplyDeleteand p.s. what are you training for?
ReplyDeleteYour supply will come back. I had mastitis twice and after a few days it was back to normal.
ReplyDeleteAnd to answer your question on my blog, we've been letting him go up to an hour crying it out. The doctor said we just let him go, even if it takes multiple hours, but I couldn't do it.
I hope all is well. I'm glad you caught the mastitis when you did. My sister-in-law has a running friend who kept getting mastitis - she finally guessed it was because of too tight sports bras. And your stats aren't sad. Good work. I think I'll check out the MTV yoga sometime.
ReplyDeleteif i ran 33 miles in a week i'd be psyched. just saying...
ReplyDelete