Sunday, April 22, 2012

Conception

A year ago yesterday, my precious little girl was either a 7-cell or 8-cell embryo that was transferred into me.


I post this picture here because it is a special, private moment with her, happily nursing.  For the past year, I have sustained her either in my womb or via my breast milk.  What a difference a year makes.

What a difference two years makes...this time two years ago, I ran a marathon and hung up my running shoes to begin the IVF process.

I wonder where I will be a year from now.  Will I be pregnant again?  Will I have failed in our attempt for a third child?  Will I have wished I had weaned my daughter sooner?  Will I be quitting my job to change careers?  After the precipice of this next month and my husband no longer having a job, I have no idea where I will be.  It's scary to have no sense of the future...but at the same time it is centering.  All I know is this day.


Two great things happened today:
1. I had an AMAZING 15.6 mile run.  I felt strong.  I felt light.  I have no idea how fast I ran, but it was the first long run post-partum where I finished feeling great rather than completely spent.
2. I bought 4 GRE books.  Regardless of the unknowns, I am confident that I will have to take the GREs at some point in the next 5 years, so why not now?  Change begins with small steps and I am slowly making them to the future unknown.

3 comments:

  1. You sound very centered right now
    . I think your confidence that it will all be all right means it all will be all right. One of those self fulfilling prophecy type things.

    Good luck studying for the GRE. I was just having a conversation with someone about the fact that I don't know how to study anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love the centering moment of your post today. It's a good lesson to always keep in mind. I'm trying very hard to center and focus on right now, while these babies are still inside me. And the pic of josie nursing is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo! I hear you on staying in the present, so important as a parent especially.

    I wante to say the past few weeks have been so crazy we didn't have time to consider your breast milk offer...I wanted to apologize for not getting back to you...

    ReplyDelete