Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tyger's Big Adventure

Someone found our dog and returned him today!!

The park we lost Tyger in is part of a 20 mile long series of parks next to a huge reservoir. Hubby and I lost Tyger at mile 3 and mostly searched for him between miles 3 and 5. The wonderful human beings that found him said they picked him up at mile 18!! They lived across the reservoir and heard him howling all night long and came over in their boat the next morning to see if they could find him. He was just sitting in a pile of leaves looking sad and crying. They took him back to their house...which was a HUGE beautiful stone house with 14 foot ceilings and hard wood floors...fed him and started to call the local animal shelters to see if anyone had reported him missing. But, the animal shelters were all closed on Sunday and Monday, so they decided to make a flyer and hang them up at the park. They made this beautiful flyer and described Tyger as a "very sweet, male, Brendel," which just about sums Tyger up (other than his neurotic tail chasing). The wife was about to hang the poster in the park where they found Tyger, when she noticed one of the signs that we posted and called us! We are so lucky that such wonderful people exist in this world!! After we got back on Sunday not having found Tyger, we figured that he was gone forever and spent the day reminiscing about how sweet he was and his cute little habits. I kept finding his toys all over the house that he would lovingly tote around with him. He has been EXHAUSTED since he has been back....which is not typical for him. We had to bring his food to him in bed for the first two days because he was too tired to get up. He's getting back to normal now and so are we. Whenever he starts his highly annoying tail-chasing that makes me want to scream, I try to remember how sad I felt when I thought we had lost him. His "older brother" Roscoe seemed unphased by the whole ordeal...and...if I am honest...was a little happy not to have his high-energy little brother pestering him to play all the time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your dog was found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippee!!! thank god...i lost my indoor cat once for half an hour and it was miserable.

    ReplyDelete