So, went for my biweekly appointment today. I asked to be measured again because folks keep telling me I am small. The doctor measured me at 30 cm...which is what I measured at 32 weeks. She said that I should be measuring 32-36, but that perhaps the baby's position was causing me to measure small and that the measurement is just a rough estimate. She's having me go for a sonogram next week to make sure he's growing on target. I am definitely bigger than I was at 30 weeks, so am not sure why I measured small. I hope everything is OK!
That's nerveracking - but you're also tiny and still running lots of miles!!
ReplyDeleteI want to be small as long as the little person is ok!! When do they start measuring you, I haven't had that yet at 20 weeks. They told me the baby was 12 ounces. THat sounded big. I should feed it less maybe!!
i've never actually been measured that way (not sure why) but my doctor did say that he was surprised my uterus wasn't really above my belly button yet. that said, when he did the ultrasound monday the kid was right on track (80th percentile for head and abdomen circumference) and i had plenty of fluid in there. he said she's just super low, sort of wedged in my pelvis...so it probably is just the position. if you're feeling lots of movement (or whatever has been normal) i wouldn't worry.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I wouldn't worry either. My friend Kelley (Hatfields in Hawaii) was also measuring small so she had an extra ultrasound or two and was fine. She just had a baby that was kinda on the small side- 6 1/2 lbs at 40 1/2 weeks... but everyone is fine. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm measuring right on at 32 weeks but baby is measuring HUGE--96th percentile. They can curl themselves up very tight, or it just may be the way your uterus is positioned. My baby's head is down low and he's curled up along my right side. If baby is moving normally I would guess you have nothing to worry about!
ReplyDeleteAlso, it sounds like you're in the Bay area? My best friend works at a birth center in SF. E-mail me (link in my profile) if you want her contact info about finding a doula!
Well, I am feeling lots of movement and the DR didn't seem to worried about it, so I am trying not to let it bother me. Mama Simmons, glad to know that your friend was measuring small but had a healthy baby! Salty One--I was actually just in the SF area for work! I have 2 doulas that we are interviewing here...so hopefully one will work out!
ReplyDelete