Today my hubby and I went on a walk to celebrate the baby's successful growth and to enjoy a little bit of the fall before we hunker down when the baby comes. We took the "lads" (aka, our dogs Roscoe and Tyger) to a local state park about 45 minutes away. We planned on doing a 6 mile hike/walk. Three miles into the hike we were all alone and decided to let the dogs off their leashes to walk for a bit. We've done it many times before and they always stick by us. Today proved to be an awful exception. Our dog Tyger, a whippet/pit-bull mix that we adopted in February 2007, caught wind of a deer and took off running. We called and called him and tried to chase after him, but he took off and never looked back. We spent five hours calling his name and scouring the park. It ended up pouring down rain, our voices were hoarse, and we hadn't eaten in seven hours so we decided to leave. It was horrible. We are going to go back tomorrow with flyers and post them everywhere. The park wasn't in the middle of the wilderness so I hope that he finds a nice person to let him in their home and feed him some grub. He's a skinny little thing, so I hate to think of him all alone in the rain right now.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Lost Dog
Today my hubby and I went on a walk to celebrate the baby's successful growth and to enjoy a little bit of the fall before we hunker down when the baby comes. We took the "lads" (aka, our dogs Roscoe and Tyger) to a local state park about 45 minutes away. We planned on doing a 6 mile hike/walk. Three miles into the hike we were all alone and decided to let the dogs off their leashes to walk for a bit. We've done it many times before and they always stick by us. Today proved to be an awful exception. Our dog Tyger, a whippet/pit-bull mix that we adopted in February 2007, caught wind of a deer and took off running. We called and called him and tried to chase after him, but he took off and never looked back. We spent five hours calling his name and scouring the park. It ended up pouring down rain, our voices were hoarse, and we hadn't eaten in seven hours so we decided to leave. It was horrible. We are going to go back tomorrow with flyers and post them everywhere. The park wasn't in the middle of the wilderness so I hope that he finds a nice person to let him in their home and feed him some grub. He's a skinny little thing, so I hate to think of him all alone in the rain right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! I'm sorry your dog ran off... hope you can find him!
ReplyDeleteOh no!! has this happened before ? I know my sister's dog has ran off before and then come back hours later. That's so scary! Keep us updated! I can't believe you only have 2 weeks to go!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Just what you need right now! I hope he turns up and is ok and I hope you find some much needed peace these next couple of weeks!
ReplyDelete