Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Two Week Wait

I have done the two week wait many many times in the past two years, waiting for pregnancy test results. This wait, however, has got to be the longest and the worst two weeks of my life. I am pretty much crying all day. I try to distract myself with work and chores around the house and spending time with friends, but the past four days have been very rough. I can't sleep at night and it is all that I can do not to curl up in the fetal position and be defeated. There is baby stuff everywhere and it breaks my heart. I have been surrounding myself with my closest friends who will make me laugh and let me cry and feel blessed to have such a wonderful support network. My husband has been amazing in dealing with me, too. I know that we are strong enough to handle whatever happens, but sometimes I get tired of the struggle and tired of the pain. We go in for our first monitoring session tomorrow. I hope the doctor can give us some answers about the chance that this baby has a chromosomal problem. At this point, amnio doesn't really make sense, but I think it might be helpful for us to know what we are facing.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you this weekend and wondering how you're doing. Waiting until the 23rd has got to be torture... I hope you get some answers tomorrow. And I know it doesn't help for people to tell you not to be stressed, but intuitively it makes sense that as we mommies are stressed, our babies will feel it. So I don't know, maybe try some deep breathing and yoga to relax yourself as much as possible? Wishing you the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also been thinking of you - I hope that you are ok :(
    Words can't really express what to say at this time, I hope the 2 weeks goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete