I never would have thought that I would be running this much so late in my pregnancy! I haven't had time for weights or yoga, but am hoping to pick it up again next week. I kind of feel defeated about it at this point in time and would rather spend my spare time in the evenings doing stuff to get ready for the baby or hanging out with my friends. I really haven't been doing weights regularly since June and cannot believe how much muscle I have lost in my arms. They are skinny little sticks again! Part of me just figures that I will pick it up again after the baby comes, but I really shouldn't let myself get lazy.
Week 35 Running Stats
Monday, September 29, 2008: 8.5 miles
Tuesday, September 30, 2008: 7 miles
Wednesday, October 1, 2008: 7 miles
Thursday, October 2, 2008: 8.5 miles
Friday, October 3, 2008: 8.5 miles
Saturday, October 4, 2008: 7 miles
Sunday, October 5, 2008: 7.5 miles
Total Mileage: 54 miles
I had my baby shower yesterday...I have such mixed emotions about the shower. I had built it up in my head for so long because I had attended so many baby showers and had wondered if I ever would have the opportunity to have my own baby shower. First and foremost, I felt so spoiled and overwhelmed by the generosity of the people in my life. My sister and sister-in-law, who threw the shower, were so thoughtful. The theme of the shower was "Let the Wild Rumpus Start," stolen from the book "Where the Wild Things Are." My sister found invitations with the "Where the Wild Things Are" theme and bought party favors along the same vein. My sister-in-law made this AMAZING cake that had a boat and monsters on it. I cannot believe how much baby stuff we got and feel so incommunicably grateful. I opened presents for an hour and a half, which I have to admit was painful. I hate excess, so the idea of 12 baby blankets, over 30 baby outfits, 6 sleep sacks, 4 towels etc. just feels glutenous. I also felt so guilty being the center of attention and couldn't stop thinking about how everyone there was probably bored to tears. In addition, I was a little overwhelmed by the number of people at the shower. I had my relatives, my husband's relatives, AND my friends. It was a bit too much. Over 30 people in my tiny house! For all the ladies thinking about having baby showers, I would highly recommend smaller showers so that you get to spend time with the people at the shower. After the shower was over and everyone went home, I cried. I felt like I hadn't gotten to spend enough quality time with anyone and was disgusted by the excessive amount of things that we had gotten and mad at myself for being upset about the shower that I had wanted for so long and that people had been so thoughtful to plan and attend. I am still trying to make peace with myself about the shower.
Week 35 Running Stats
Monday, September 29, 2008: 8.5 miles
Tuesday, September 30, 2008: 7 miles
Wednesday, October 1, 2008: 7 miles
Thursday, October 2, 2008: 8.5 miles
Friday, October 3, 2008: 8.5 miles
Saturday, October 4, 2008: 7 miles
Sunday, October 5, 2008: 7.5 miles
Total Mileage: 54 miles
I had my baby shower yesterday...I have such mixed emotions about the shower. I had built it up in my head for so long because I had attended so many baby showers and had wondered if I ever would have the opportunity to have my own baby shower. First and foremost, I felt so spoiled and overwhelmed by the generosity of the people in my life. My sister and sister-in-law, who threw the shower, were so thoughtful. The theme of the shower was "Let the Wild Rumpus Start," stolen from the book "Where the Wild Things Are." My sister found invitations with the "Where the Wild Things Are" theme and bought party favors along the same vein. My sister-in-law made this AMAZING cake that had a boat and monsters on it. I cannot believe how much baby stuff we got and feel so incommunicably grateful. I opened presents for an hour and a half, which I have to admit was painful. I hate excess, so the idea of 12 baby blankets, over 30 baby outfits, 6 sleep sacks, 4 towels etc. just feels glutenous. I also felt so guilty being the center of attention and couldn't stop thinking about how everyone there was probably bored to tears. In addition, I was a little overwhelmed by the number of people at the shower. I had my relatives, my husband's relatives, AND my friends. It was a bit too much. Over 30 people in my tiny house! For all the ladies thinking about having baby showers, I would highly recommend smaller showers so that you get to spend time with the people at the shower. After the shower was over and everyone went home, I cried. I felt like I hadn't gotten to spend enough quality time with anyone and was disgusted by the excessive amount of things that we had gotten and mad at myself for being upset about the shower that I had wanted for so long and that people had been so thoughtful to plan and attend. I am still trying to make peace with myself about the shower.
Don't be upset about it! You deserve it after all that you have been through! It sounds like you got lots of great stuff - I know what you mean about way too much stuff though. We won't have a shower, and I am happy about this, I don't like excess stuff at all! It is amazing you are running so much. I appreciate your comment on the marathon running, totally true and what I go back and forth with (is it necessary to run a marathon right now). Great job and don't feel bad about the shower!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel about the shower. I felt the same way... Scott's mom threw a big shower for us in California and all these people (his relatives and his parents' friends) who I'd never even met before came and gave us all these gifts. It was nice to meet everyone but totally overwhelming and undeserved at the same time!
ReplyDeleteBTW- my boobs grew earlier on but I think they may be shrinking now? Maybe they're just dwarfed by the enormous size of my belly these days? hard to tell.
i'm torn about a shower too...i've registered for just a few things, but keep buying the same things used on craigslist for so much cheaper. maybe you can donate some of the excess things to a women's shelter or something? i also can't believe how much you're still running...i could never run that much on consecutive days NOT pregnant! nice job!
ReplyDelete