I had high hopes for yesterday's egg retrieval. We tried a different protocol. I've been on more drugs that EVER before. I have tried to be relaxed and ambivalent and not too attached to this cycle so that I wouldn't ride the rollercoaster of highs and lows with follicle counts, E2 levels, etc.
But, I was devastated yesterday to learn that they only got 4 mature eggs out of 8. I don't understand.
I am biting my nails. Trying to keep busy with work. Waiting, waiting, waiting. To see how many fertilized. To see if we are going to have any to put back.
I am hoping that my husband made some super sperm and they fertilize everything like they did the cycle with Nugget.
Please, God, please.
*****************************************
Updated
The RE just called. Only 2 of the 4 eggs fertilized. We have to decide whether we do a day 3 or day 5 transfer. My inclination is to wait until day 5. If they aren't good embryos, then I'd rather not wait another two weeks to get a negative. He only gives us a 15-20% chance of getting pregnant by IVF. When do we stop this??
I am so sorry, I have been through something similar before. (Damned immature eggs.) I know it's cliche, but it only does take one good one in there. Hopefully the eggs you did get are of a nice quality. I only had 3 mature good enough eggs last cycle, 2 fertilized. And I would still be pregnant right now without my ectopic (freak show that I am.) So, it CAN happen.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you.
Those eggies and swimmers are going to make beautiful embies. I 110% believe for you. Hang in there, I can't even imagine the torture of waiting to hear about their statuses. Zen zen zen zen. xo
ReplyDeletehugs. i know exactly how you feel. i only had 2 mature out of 7. it sucked so bad. but i'm hoping those little embryos are fighters and this is all you need.
ReplyDeletealso, fyi, we went to Founding Farmers for dinner. it was fANTASTIC!!! thanks for the recommendation.
I'm sorry about the low yield and not perfect fertilization rate. I always had lots of eggs but low fertilization rates and it's so hard to see the numbers decline. However, not to blow sunshine, but I have seen people have two eggs fertilize and both take so you just never know... you're not out of the game yet, not by a long shot!! Don't listen to those stats--I really don't know how a doctor could give such a precise prediction anyway.
ReplyDelete:( I'm sorry about the low fertilization rate ... but hopefully these are the magic ones. *sending good thoughts*
ReplyDeleteI know this is disappointing news but you still have a chance! Two is better than none and I'm going to send you a universe of positive thoughts. Hang in there embies! I would just do 3 day and get those embies inside to snuggle in where they should be. But I also understand the tormet of an IVF cycle and the 2WW, so good luck with your decision! Whatevrer you decide will be the right thing for you. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteim so sorry. i know how disappointing it is and how let down you must feel. we do all that work and keep our hopes high and they can fall so far.
ReplyDeletei am glad you have any. my last ivf i had 7 eggs and only 1 fertilized normally. it didnt look great to me, though and bfn. so i know i think almost exactly how you feel.
i have a friend who recently only had 2 follies, 2 retrieved, and is now 21 weeks preg with twin boys.
mantra: it only takes one!
i will try to be positive for you.
xoxo
lis