My husband has grown disillusioned with his company and is trying to decide whether he should take a job at a new company or start his own partnership. Big decision, right? This stuff has been keeping him up at night for the past 6 months. Last night, as I was rocking Nugget in his room, we were talking about his successful job interview earlier that day with the Grand Poo-bah at the new company and how they were going to be making my husband an offer. I asked my husband what he thought he would do, where he thought he'd be happier. He leaned over, kissed Nugget's head, sighed and said: "I don't really care what I do. All I care is that we get pregnant."
The sun wasn't even up yet and I awoke this morning to the sound of Nugget chatting away to himself in his room. I suppose he must have been having a conversation with his friends "Car" and "Train" who travel with him everywhere now. I tiptoed to his door and stood listening to his undulating words for a few minutes before I made my way out the door for my morning walk.
I have three tubs of empty needles sitting on top of my bookshelf. Full of empty hope from the last cycles. Maybe I should throw them away.
Tomorrow is Nugget's 2nd birthday.
That is so sweet. We always hear your voice on the blog and it made my eyes water to hear his voice. I feel like all my comments say, "hang in there". Blah. You would think I could come up with something more creative. Maybe I'm naive but I really think it is going to happen for you guys.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Nugget. Why are the most beautiful moments in life sometimes the most painful ones, too?
ReplyDeleteits not over yet, i know its hard waiting. TRUST me. i waited 7 months after the girls, had two BFNs and have been waiting since june to cycle again. and as you know, im still waiting after the last cancellation. and im sure im not the only one sitting right there next to you. it will happen, when your uterus is all better. i promise.
ReplyDeletein the meantime, hugs and chocolate.
xoxo
lis
and happy bday to the nugget!
hugs. take good care of yourself right now. you have to believe it will happen. i wish i could fast forward time for you!
ReplyDeletehappy bday to nugget! he's gonna make a great big brother one day SOON.