Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Think I am going to be a 41-42 Weeker

I have NO signs of impending labor. Belly is still high. Still got my mucous plug (I think). Braxton Hicks contractions haven't changed. No cramping. I have to say...after hearing about the Chapples and Simmons babies...I want to meet my little guy...but think it will be quite a while before he arrives! I still have about 2-3 days of work I need to do before everything is completely wrapped up at my job and I have a bunch of little things that I could do before the baby comes to get the nursery ready. I think that I am going to go buy some primrose oil and start taking that to see if it will help move things along. I am also scheduled to get a massage on Saturday with a therapist that does acupressure and might see if she has any tricks up her sleeve that she could use to help speed things up.

We met with our doula tonight and went over our birth plan. I vascillate between wanting to be ultra-granola and avoiding any sort of intervention and having my "safety instinct" kick in and am willing to do whatever the doctors tell me is best for my baby. I have to admit, though, that I am a little excited to see how my labor goes....it is such an unknown. And, it is so exciting to think that I might get to have the labor that we wanted rather than a c-section or getting induced. We'll see!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get the birth experience you want and that baby comes when he's good and ready! Some people go into labor all of a sudden with no symptoms, so don't count yourself out of an early birth yet! Although, most first babies are a little late :( If mine is I worry I'll explode!!! Haha.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the same ideas, wanting everything naturally (and still comfortable!) but also being open to whatever happens because it IS such an unknown! waiting does stink though...but it's getting close, no matter when he's ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't lose my mucus plug until the day before he was born and really, my contrax weren't painful until 24 hours before his birth. Try not to worry about looking for signs! I also thought I was going to be a 42-weeker and he was 2 days early! Those last days are SOOO hard aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison! So happy to hear that you didn't lose your mucous plus/have contractions until the day before. You did drop about a 1-1.5 weeks before, though, right? I don't think I have dropped...although, I do feel my belly resting on my legs when I sit at my desk...yuck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granola comment cracked me up entirely!!!! Sounds like everything is coming together, I hope it comes soon, I can't imagine these final weeks and how anxious it must be ! I guess I should look up the mucus plug thing, I have no clue what that is. And I guess you feel the dropping part? Weird. Good luck! I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete