Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Phoenix

I haven't written the past few days for fear of jinxing anything...

After the initial fertilization report on Friday, I was reeling. Thinking there was no hope.

Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, hope was reborn.

The RE called on Saturday to let us know that actually ALL of the eggs fertilized! There were two 2-cells (the ones they didn't think fertilized), one 3-cell, and one 4-cell on Day 2. He reiterated that we needed to make a decision about whether we would be doing a Day 3 or Day 5 transfer, emphasizing that he understood the emotional aspect of the decision: Day 3 transfer gave us Nugget and the two previous Day 5 transfers resulted in Nothing. Obviously, he indicated that "science" suggested that if the embryos wouldn't make it to Day 5 they likely wouldn't make it. However, he said that I could make the "emotional" decision and do a Day 3 transfer and have to wait the two weeks with no real sense of whether they were strong embryos.

I decided to "rip off the bandaid" and see whether they would make it to Day 5. Yesterday was hell. I was intermittedly crying all day, wondering if I made the right decision.

I was rewarded! Today, we were able to transfer three embryos! One blastocyst and two morulas. The embryologist said that they looked better quality than our August transfer.

Hope again.....

Go, Liam, Mia, and Olivia!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hooray! What great news! Sending more good thoughts ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh runningmamma! that's fantastic. hope is alove! i just got chills reading your post. and it makes me so happy. now, to survive the 2ww. thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! So happy for you to get past this hurdle...please oh please may the good news continue for you, go triplets go....!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! I love this post! Go babies, go go go!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Watch out for triplets!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your angst. I hope the days ahead are as peaceful as can be for you. Thanks so much for your support to me lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT news. (Found you from Justine's blog - I'm a fellow runner infertile mama myself).

    Fingers crossed as much as I can.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I've been MIA! Congrats on your amazing 3 embies!!! C'mon lil guys, snuggle in for the next 8.5 months please! :)

    When is your beta?

    ReplyDelete
  9. fingers and toes are crossed,
    take care

    ReplyDelete